Chinese Herbal Medicine is one of the great herbal systems of the world, with an unbroken tradition going back to the 3rd century BC.
Yet throughout its history it has continually developed in response to changing clinical conditions, and has been sustained by research into every aspect of its use. This process continues today with the development of modern medical diagnostic techniques and knowledge.
Today, it still forms a major part of healthcare provision in China, and is provided in state hospitals alongside western medicine.
Chinese medicine is based on the theory of Yin and Yang balance. It considers that the disease is caused as a result of Yin and Yang imbalance within the body. Herbal therapies are prescribed to rebalance the Yin and Yang by supporting a strong immune system, healthy internal organs and circulation of energy.
Treatment using Chinese herbs
Prescriptions are used to correct patterns of disharmony with the body. Herbs are rarely used on their own; most prescriptions consist of a mix of difference substances. There are complex relationships between the different components of prescriptions and much skill is needed to select the most appropriate combination of herbs to compose a balanced and effective formula specific to your needs.
You start by taking the medicine every day. As treatment continues, your progress is closely monitored through regular consultations and our doctors will alter the prescriptions and reduce or add the dosages accordingly.
Since all patients and conditions are different, length of treatment may vary from a few weeks to several months, to ensure all symptoms are alleviated.
Conditions We Treat
- Skin problems: Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Fungal infections, Hair Loss etc.
- Internal: Colds and Flu, Dizziness, Nausea, Vomiting, Gastritis, Asthma, Bronchitis, Diabetes, Hemorrhoids, Swelling, Colon Inflammation (Colitis), Hypoglycemia, Heart problems, High blood pressure, Hemiplegia, etc.
- Muscular & Skeletal: Back pain, Arthritis, Stiff neck, Sciatica, Lumbago, Joint problems, Tennis elbow, Sprains, Sport injury, etc
- Neurological Disorders: ME, Trigeminal neuralgia, Headaches & migraine, Hiccups, Insomnia, Paralysis, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
- Genitourinary Disorders: Nephritis, Acute and chronic bacterial pyelonephritis, Urethritis, Nongonococcus.
- Urethric Disorders: Anorexia, Indigestion, Convulsion, Whopping cough, Pneumonia parititus, Enuresis, Chorea minor's disease, etc.
- Sexually related disorders: Impotence, Premature ejaculation, Infertility, Prostate, Pelvic pain and Menopause symptoms, etc.
- Emotional health: become a non smoker, reduce weight, relieve stress, overcome anger and depression, increase concentration.
"Fantastic acupuncture, massage and herbs - Dr Lucy has extensive knowledge and experience and over the course of my treatment, she has tailored my sessions to work on different areas, with really amazing results. You can tell that she has years of experience and really cares about her patients and understands how to treat them effectively."