You don't need us to tell you how difficult infertility can be..
Maybe you have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries or Endometriosis. Maybe the doctors can't find a reason you're not getting pregnant. You might have tried IVF and it hasn't worked, or maybe you're just starting to try for a baby and you want to maximise your chances.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has been used for over 2,000 years, successfully treating infertility for both men and women, with acupuncture and safe natural herbal remedies.
Proven IVF Support
Acupuncture has been shown to reduce anxiety and improve sleep during potentially stressful rounds of IVF and is often used to complement conventional fertility treatments.
“IVF with acupuncture increased the odds of pregnancy by 65% (according to early evidence on ultrasound), increased the odds of ongoing pregnancy by 87% (according to ultrasound evidence of pregnancy at 12 weeks) and increased the odds of a live birth by 91% compared with IVF on its own.”
(Effects of acupuncture on the rates of pregnancy and live birth among women undergoing in vitro fertilisation) - www.nhs.uk
How Acupuncture for Fertility Works
• Increasing the blood flow to the reproductive organs.
• Optimising the environment where the follicles develop.
• Improving the quality of the endometrial lining thus increasing the chances of embryo implantation.
• Stress and other factors can cause hormonal imbalances which affect our fertility. Acupuncture helps us to cope with the stress and other influences which can creates imbalances in our hormones.
• Acupuncture also stimulates the follicle hormone and affects oestrogen and progesterone level production in the body.
• Through the regulation of hormones with acupuncture and herbs, it can also help to stimulate ovulation, reduce ovarian cysts and regulate the menstruation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
Our fertility treatment is entirely tailored to you as an individual. The practitioner will take note of your medical history, the characteristics of your menstrual cycle and your general health.
The primary aim of our infertility treatment will be to regulate the menstrual cycle and support ovulation or implantation, however we can also help and advise with all fertility issues, from preconception planning, pregnancy care to post-pregnancy well-being.
Many of our fertility techniques are also highly effective at alleviating premenstrual complaints such as mood change, breast tenderness, abdominal bloating, constipation, cramping, headaches, and tiredness.
Why not find out more?
"Having tried for almost a three years to become pregnant, I turned to Chinese Medicine as a last resort before embarking on IVF treatment. After a 6 week course of acupuncture, massage and Chinese teas — I'm pregnant! I can't thank you enough!"